Lyme Disease and Autoimmune Disorders

Chronic Fatigue, Muscle/Nerve Pain, Fibromyalgia… All of these are symptoms of a much bigger issue, most notably, Lyme Disease. I, myself, was in chronic pain from 2011-2016 without a proper diagnosis, until Borrelia and Babesia (a co-infection of Lyme) were eventually discovered with further testing. Lyme is easily missed with standard blood tests, as I was originally tested for the disease back in 2011 when my symptoms first began. That test was negative. The disease spread rapidly and by 2013 and my muscles, nerves, heart and lungs ย were badly damaged by the constant autoimmune attack on my body, which also caused debilitating ย pain. In 2016 I received treatment at the Infusio Clinic with Dr. Philip Battiade, a brilliant German Homeopathic Doctor. I skipped the antibiotic route entirely and did immune modulation, anti-microbials, vitamin IV’s and finally, an innovative stem cell treatment using fat cells from my abdomen. This is how my health journey began, and why I fight so hard for the health of others and Functional Medicine, which focuses on the root cause of disease, not just temporary relief of symptoms. In the conventional medical world, immunosuppressives and steroids are used to “treat” autoimmune disorders. I find this to be counterintuitive as it puts further stress on the body. Please message me if you have any questions about treating Lyme, immune modulation or autoimmune disease.

Psychology Today Article on Lyme

Infusio Clinic Germany/Los Angeles

Advertisements

19 thoughts on “Lyme Disease and Autoimmune Disorders

1. Carol Oropallo says:

Thank you for this! SOoooo important and so sorry for your long ordeal. Still can’t believe that Lyme disease killed that lovely young girl, nor that your original diagnosis was a false negative. (I’ve since learned that the test needs to be repeated if symptoms persist. False negatives are common, apparently). Please keep us informed as to the success of the stem cell treatment you had. A CURE would be awesome! Have they gone so far as to say that this is possible?

• fontaine says:

Kimberly. Thymus glandulars. Either by injection or orally. Look up Natcell Thymus when you get the chance. If you do it at home, it ships frozen. It’s a set of 24 vials, used 2-3 x a week depending on how long you’ve been chronically ill. Keep vials in freezer. Thaw when ready. Hold half the bottle under tongue for five minutes then repeat with remainder of bottle and hold for five more. Hope this helps. Immune modulation was a crucial part of my recovery.

• Ackerly says:

Hi! Did you use the Natcell Thymus before, during, or after your treatment at Infusio? My appointment at Infusio is in 2 months, and, after reading your recommendation, I am thinking of taking the thymus supplement over the next two months in preparation for the stem cell treatment… Do you think this is a good idea, or is it something that should be done only after the stem cell treatment? Also, what side effects (good or bad) are to be expected from the thymus supplement? Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

• fontaine says:

Absolutely. I took it for seven weeks to prepare for stem cells. 3x a week/ in the morning on an empty stomach. Needed to stop the autoimmune attack on my body and build my immune system first. I also used it for a few months after stem cells. Make sure to take as directed. No side effects for me other than air hunger. I was in a ton of pain and it mainly stopped that so it was a life saver after years of nothing working. I definitely recommend it to prepare but know it will also be a part of your treatment, or at least it was back then.

2. andrea says:

Hello!!

I have been suffering from Lyme disease for the last 16 years and am thinking about going to Infusio. I would really like to know how you feel now, a few months after the stem cell treatment. I hope you are much better ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thank you!

• fontaine says:

Andrea,

So much better in the sense that no Lyme symptoms are present. In fact, building antibodies and no longer “sick with Lyme”. It was a very tough process and the stem cells are still repairing my lymphatic system and muscles/tissues, so you will deal with a lot of inflammation when repair occurs. Repair happens where you need it most. ๐Ÿ™‚ So currently I’m in a repair phase, but not sick at all!!

• andrea says:

Ohhhh!!! That is so great to read!! Thank you for the good news and for the hope ๐Ÿ™‚
        Have you met others that have gone to Infusio to treat their Lyme?
        Good luck with your repair phase! I hope the improvements continues! ๐Ÿ™‚

3. themintpixie says:

It is so exciting to read your story! I have had years of misdiagnosis and within the past couple of years of working with some of the most wonderful functional medicine doctors and practitioners, I’m finally getting some answers, and it looks like part of it is indeed Lyme disease and or co-infections. The best part is I also have two kiddos who may have inherited some things congenitally. We are right now in a phase of systemically building, have come quite far in healing them of vaccine injury, and am feeling quite hopeful. I am so glad to see that you are doing so well! After doctors over treated me with antibiotics for years for things that did not even require them, they are also not a part of our repertoire.

4. themintpixie says:

For further, more definitive diagnosis regarding lyme/coinfectios, would you recommend DNA connections testing? I am indeterminate on IGeneX. But my CD 57 and other markers are extremely low. thanks :). I’m also in so.Cal.

• fontaine says:

Sure, you could do that. Although the cheaper and quicker method if you’re already close to LA is to pay $350 for the Global Diagnostic scan at Infusio which will list all infections and co-infections, active or not. Also will show mycoplasma and mycotoxins.

• themintpixie says:

Oh that’s pretty cool, you have found that’s a reliable one? It all starts to get so hazy, what is real and what isn’t, right? I have two separate LLMD’s, one locally down here and one up in Berkeley.

5. Jarrett Lowenstein says:

How was the staff at Infusio? There are mixed reviews on Facebook such as a high turnover rate? Glad to hear you are doing well!

• fontaine says:

I had no issues with the staff. Also. The high turnover rate was in the beginning while they were still working out the kinks. Not the case anymore. They’ve had the same staff for quite awhile now. Also, I think it’s crazy how much emphasis people put on these trivial things in reviews, when to me, ALL that mattered was the treatment and getting my life back. I could overlook the rest once I put my faith in to a certain treatment plan, and Phil is a brilliant doctor. His view on Lyme and unconventional treatment of Lyme really resonated with my own thoughts on allowing the body to do most of the work by supporting it with stem cell therapy and immune modulation.